The Muir Trust was founded in 1997 by local artist Jane Muir, in memory of her husband, Alastair. It provides an endowment for a short residency programme to support established artists in the field of visual and applied arts as Artist in Residence at Discover Bucks Museum on a biennial basis.
In practical terms the purpose of the residency is to widen the artistic experience and deepen the understanding of the general public, local artists and students through direct contact with an established working artist. It also provides the opportunity for an artist with a developed style to experiment and take their work in new directions.
Applications are now invited from mid-career, UK-based visual artists.
The Muir Trust is looking for an established artist-printmaker to respond to the theme of “Printing the Museum” through their choice of print media. The artist will create new artworks inspired by the museum and its collections.
- The residency will be based in Aylesbury for 20 days during April / May 2022.
- The artist will have a dedicated studio-space in the museum and the residency will include open studio sessions, an adult workshop, 6th form art student session and a public talk.
- An award of £3,000 will be paid, plus an allowance for subsistence/travel expenses.
- Deadline for applications is noon on 30 November 2021. Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview on 6 January 2022.
Download further information and the application form here:
Any queries please contact email@example.com