Using Roald Dahl’s Matilda and her love of reading as inspiration, this fun craft workshop, aimed at Key Stages 1 and 2, will provide opportunities to explore museum collections and make a souvenir book bag to take home.
Curriculum Links (reading):
- Develop the habit of reading widely and often, for both pleasure and information
- Acquire a wide vocabulary, an understanding of grammar and knowledge of linguistic conventions for reading, writing and spoken language
- Appreciate our rich and varied literary heritage
In a typical 90-minute session pupils will:
- Recap the story of Matilda and investigate her links to Buckinghamshire
- Discuss how Roald Dahl gathered inspiration from the world around him for story writing
- Explore museum objects to generate ideas
- Create a design on a canvas book bag to take back to school
Price: £6.50 per pupil (minimum charges apply)
Max 45 pupils per session
1 free staff member per every 6 children
Lunch rooms available on request at time of booking (FREE with a whole day visit)
For a whole day visit, book our Roald Dahl Children’s Gallery Experience workshop.