This workshop designed for Key Stage 1 and 2 gets children thinking about ways to help others and share the beauty of the world around us, through museum objects.
- Learn about different types of family situations
- Think about respecting the differences and similarities between people and recognising what they have in common with others physically and in background
- Think about the importance of having compassion towards others, shared responsibilities we all have for caring for other people and how to show care and concern
In a typical 90-minute session pupils will:
- Revisit the life of Charlie Bucket and his Grandparents in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Discuss the life and circumstances of Charlie’s poor family
- Consider the things we could do to help Charlie’s bedridden Grandparents experience the outside world
- Take inspiration from museum objects about the fantastic world around us
- Turn this inspiration into a new bed quilt for Charlie’s Grandparents to take back to school
Price: £6.50 per pupil (minimum charges apply)
Max 45 pupils per session
1 free staff member per every 6 children
Lunch rooms available on request at time of booking (FREE with a whole day visit)
For a whole day visit, book our Roald Dahl Children’s Gallery Experience workshop.